Dear all Parents/Carers please read the following information regarding the spread of the norovirus.
We have been asked to give you the following information to help reduce the spread of norovirus:
- Norovirus is generally a mild infection and people usually recover fully within 2-3 days. No specific treatment is needed, but it is important to keep hydrated by drinking fluids as tolerated.
- Staff and pupils/children who develop symptoms of diarrhoea and/or vomiting should stay away from the school/nursery and other childcare settings such as childminders until they have been symptom free for at least 48 hours.
- Good hygiene is important to stop the spread of infection, especially hand washing, frequently and thoroughly with soap and water, particularly after using the toilet and before eating or handling food
- Good hygiene in the home will also prevent spread to other family members. If possible separate toilets and towels should be used. Toilets, including seats and handles, as well as door handles, wash basins and other frequently touched surfaces should be cleaned and disinfected frequently.
- If symptoms do not resolve after 48 hours or if you are concerned please contact your GP by phone or contact the NHS non-emergency number 111.