Over the last couple of weeks, we have been developing our critical thinking skills and taken part in some exciting projects around the theme of Shelters and Homes.
This has been on a large scale and small scale. Working together to build a giant structure, working individually to use junk materials and build our own models, and thinking about how to join materials and the process of making cement. We have been busy!
Some skills we are learning:
- Showing empathy and ability to work with others
- Resilience – comfortable with mistakes/tolerate ambiguity/take risks
- Thinking of new and unusual ways to do things
- Testing ideas – trying things out
- Improving by trial and error
- Making links in their learning, connecting to previous work – recall