We currently have a vacancy for a Lunchtime Support Assistant for 7.5 hours per week. You can download, below, the job description and employee specification for this role. If you would like to apply, please pop in for an application form or fill out the application form below. The closing date is 31st January 2020.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a high level of communication and literacy skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults.
- Is able to help the children to have a safe and healthy lunchtime experience.
- Is able to develop positive relationships with children and staff
- Is able to support the children in their dietary and medical requirements (allergies)
- Has or is willing to undertake a First Aid qualification
- Has a calm, flexible and patient manner with an ability to adapt tasks as necessary
- Is passionate about working with young children
- Is able to demonstrate that they are highly motivated, able to work on their own initiative and work successfully in a team.
- Has energy, enthusiasm, and a good sense of humour!
- Has a commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
You will be responsible for:
- supervising pupils over the lunchtime period
- encouraging children to eat their meals
- dealing with behavioural incidents in line with the school’s Behaviour Policy and discussing concerns with class teachers or members of the Senior Leadership Team
- playing a key part in the school’s health and safety processes
- helping children to interact positively with one another during lunchtimes.
- Supporting children inside and outside over the lunchtime period. This will include working outside in all weathers.
- support the children to enjoy their lunch breaks and return to class ready for the afternoon’s teaching and learning
We can offer you:
- A lively, enthusiastic, experienced and innovative staff team;
- Planned programme of high-quality staff development;
- Rich and ethnically diverse community.
- Supportive Governors.
We are committed to equality and diversity in employment and service delivery in order to reflect the community we serve; we would welcome applications from men, black and minority ethnic practitioners as they are under-represented in our team.