We have been celebrating Chinese New Year in Orange Room over the last couple of weeks. We based our learning around different aspects of the New Year celebration and the Chinese culture. We have:
- Read books explaining Chinese New Year
- Watched videos of the parades and dragon dance.
- Practiced our chopsticks skills.
- Talked about the animals which relate to months of the Chinese Year.
- Created our own art which resembles Chinese Art.
- Made our own version of the ‘Chinese Dragon’ and performed it.
- Prepared all of our own ingredients for the noodles, which were very yummy!