Our priority during this time continues to be to deliver face-to-face, high-quality education for all children and we hope the measures below will help us in continuing to achieve this.
Infection control measures that the school is taking are:
- Contacts of known Omicron cases to self-isolate for 10 days. All contacts must stay at home for ten days, even if they are fully vaccinated or aged under 18 years.
- If there is a confirmed case of Covid infection (this may be any Covid variant and not necessarily Omicron) or Covid outbreak in your household we would fully support you if you choose to keep your child at home during this time.
- We would respectfully ask that all adults wear a mask on pick up and collection. Masks or face coverings must be worn inside the building in communal areas.
- Staff continue to be encouraged to take a Covid test at least twice a week.
- We will all continue with regular hand washing and cleaning of surfaces, door handles etc.
- Public Health England advice is that everyone eligible should take up the offer of the vaccine, including boosters.
- Given the similarities between general viral illnesses, coughs and colds and Covid we would strongly advise you to carry out a lateral flow test on yourself and your children should you have any symptoms.
- We continue to advise that if a child is unwell for any reason (and not necessarily related to Covid) or has a temperature, cough, cold, diarrhoea or sickness you please keep them at home until they are fully well again. If a child has diarrhoea or sickness they must also be kept off for at least 48 hours since the final episode of diarrhoea or sickness.
Thank you for your continuing support with this.
Photo by Tamanna Rumee on Unsplash